Maintaining your heat pump
is imperative to keeping it operating well and keeping you and your family cozy during the Plover colder months. If you already called Point Heating & Cooling for your annual tune-up, you’re absolutely ahead of things. If you haven’t, it’s not too late. Call us at 715-504-0533 to get one set-up.
There are plenty of easy things you can do in between expert tune-ups to improve the efficiency of your heat pump and keep it running in tip top shape. Try these heat pump maintenance tips:
- Yes, we’ve said it before, but we can’t emphasize this enough: check your filters often and clean or replace them when suggested. This is such a straightforward way to improve the airflow through your heat pump and uphold top efficiency.
- Look to see if your coils and fans are open for maximum airflow. Reduced airflow makes your heat pump work vigorously and can damage your system’s compressor.
- Be sure your supply and return registers are ready and clear.
- If plants have budded up around your outdoor unit or clutter has collected, be sure to clean the area.
- Test your thermostat regularly to guarantee that it’s operating properly. Merely turn it on and gently raise the temperature setting until your heat pump turns on. If it doesn’t turn on, refer to our blog post on heat pump repair or extra thermostat tips, or give us a call.
Keeping you and your family warm and comfortable matters to us. For more ideas on DIY furnace maintenance or to arrange a tune-up with one of our pros, call Point Heating & Cooling at 715-504-0533 or arrange an appointment online. We’re happy to help!