Having routine air conditioning service performed at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Plover summertime, have the specialists at Point Heating & Cooling conduct your annual air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be finished during a proper air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, rather than illegally freeing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Verify the right electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should check it regularly. We advise checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Point Heating & Cooling today at 715-504-0533.