During the cooler Plover months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Point Heating & Cooling will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call Point Heating & Cooling right away if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your utility bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Point Heating & Cooling can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Point Heating & Cooling at 715-504-0533 or book an appointment with us online.