In Plover you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your f
urnace, you could be needing a furnace service
visit any day. As a minimum, you probably have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and influence your furnace’s performance. It could even cause problems with your furnace’s limit switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are a few other reasons you may call for a furnace repair. We’ve assembled some signs for you to look for. The sooner you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in an expert, like Point Heating & Cooling, if you see any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it working all the time? Is the air blowing through as freely as it should, or does it seem weak? Indications related to your blower could suggest a minor problem with your air filter or the indoor blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you ramping up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still chilly? This could be a difficulty with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too small for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts working noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be a problem.
- You smell gas. You absolutely don’t want to interfere with this one. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace immediately and turn off its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Usually this is a clogged condensation line. This could need both plumbing and HVAC pros to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a series of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these indicators, you’ll know when you need to arrange furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Point Heating & Cooling at 715-504-0533 when you need to arrange repairs or routine maintenance.