As spring rolls around, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Plover? Particularly if your AC unit is recently installed or was working well last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t buy a brand-new car and never expect to schedule any service for it, such as getting new oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioning. It’s a machine that needs fuel and has moving parts. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can break down.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Point Heating & Cooling specialist can help find little issues before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your AC to stop running!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your AC is placed outdoors, it’s more prone to experiencing a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can majorly impact your unit’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a pro to take care of intricate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate inside your unit can push it to work harder and decrease airflow. Both these problems can cause elevated energy needs—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your system’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and may even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly electricity bill and over the years, because you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps locate little problems before they lead to large, costly troubles. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will keenly examine parts and perform a set of cooling performance checks. These in-depth procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into big issues that lead to a costly repair bill.
- It helps ensure trouble-free cooling throughout the warmest days. After your unit is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind realizing your system is set to give worry-free comfort. Even on the warmest days. It’s one of the best methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers require seasonal maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this work, your equipment is at risk for advanced failure and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Involve?
A good AC service should have an examination and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC tech. Here’s some of the work we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the following areas and pieces:
- Full system order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower pieces and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Verify electrical flow
- Grease moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Book Your AC Service Today with Point Heating & Cooling
This week is the perfect time to book your AC maintenance! Give our Point Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 715-504-0533 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your home, be sure to look at our special offers for savings on your next maintenance.