As springtime begins, you might be thinking, is an AC tune-up worth it in Plover? Especially if your cooling unit is newer or was running just fine last summer.
Here’s one way to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any service for it, such as putting in fresh oil or purchasing new tires.
The same applies for your air conditioning. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving pieces. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving components can fail.
Having your equipment checked annually by a Point Heating & Cooling professional can help spot little issues before they become large malfunctions. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is installed outdoors, it’s more prone to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard debris, which can negatively affect your equipment’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling a specialist to service complicated internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can cause higher energy use—and a bigger energy bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and may even help it run for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll save on your monthly cooling costs and over the years, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as quickly.
- It helps determine little issues before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine parts and complete a set of AC performance tests. These all-inclusive procedures often allow us to identify issues before they turn into extensive problems that result in an expensive repair bill.
- It helps ensure worry-free operation throughout the warmest days. After your system is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your unit is ready to deliver worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to premature breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC maintenance should include an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC technician. Here’s some of the things we’ll do:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and parts:
- Complete equipment order
- Start-up pattern
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety mechanisms
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Tighten electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Request Your AC Maintenance Immediately with Point Heating & Cooling
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Point Heating & Cooling pros a ring at 715-504-0533 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we visit your house, don’t forget to check our exclusive offers for savings on your upcoming service.