Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little bad luck, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Plover during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Point Heating & Cooling will forever be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is necessary and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound silly, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t turned on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat switched to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that protect the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not jamming things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unobstructed?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call Point Heating & Cooling at 715-504-0533 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.