Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, take a few minutes to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Plover are not the best time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service will help you be more proactive and our expert technicians can check for any red flags that signal trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups acknowledge areas of concern, but it also keeps your air conditioner running as efficiently as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are maximizing the benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also reduces your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at a minimum every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. By not changing your filters, you force your air conditioner to run harder than it should and can also reduce the quality of the air in your house.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when talking about refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will affect how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the possibility of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can hurt efficiency and cause more energy to be expended.
The experts from Point Heating & Cooling in Plover can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, as well as help you by answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your overall home comfort. Give them a call at 715-504-0533 and make sure your home stays cool this summer.