With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can cut a big amount off your energy bills! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could dramatically raise your costs and cause unnecessary and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Point Heating & Cooling professional perform air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system working at its best for a long time. He or she can ensure the unit is operating properly and can identify possible problems prior to them happening, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to scheduling your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and periodically throughout the year to make sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if it was covered during colder months. Utilizing your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it might hurt your system and leave you needing major repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Ensure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could obstruct airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch covering any part of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to inspect them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Each home has it’s own needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or having home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also make sure your air conditioner is able to work efficiently and will help you maintain a comfortable home. By following these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to make sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer has in store. Give the team at Point Heating & Cooling a call at [[phonenumber]].