When your heat pump stops operating, you often hope you’ll need repair instead of heat pump installation in Plover, Wisconsin.
Regrettably, a repair isn’t always available—or worth the monetary investment.
Point Heating & Cooling can help if your heat pump is is far from an easy fix. Call us at 715-504-0533 today for help finding a new system that fits your budget, energy-efficiency goals and home comfort needs.
4 Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Heat Pump
Even if you’re convinced your heat pump is ready for replacement, it can be useful to check for common signs to make sure. It may be time to change out your heating and cooling system if any of the following apply to your heat pump.
1. Your Heat Pump is More Than 10 Years Old
While we all wish our heat pumps could last permanently, they have a pretty defined life span. The longest life people usually get out of their system is 15 years.
That’s an admirable goal, but not always feasible. If your system stops working after its 10th birthday, it’s likely a better financial option to invest in a more modern system.
2. Your Home Comfort is Decreasing
As your system gets older, it has to work harder to keep up the same level of home comfort you’ve previously had. As time goes on, your system might drop some of that power. And if you’ve tried to mend the issue with other repairs to no avail, it’s likely time to select a replacement.
3. Your Heat Pump Seems to Run All the Time
Unless the weather is unusually cold, your heat pump shouldn’t feel like it’s running constantly. Cycles are an essential part of the way heat pumps work. If they’re starting to become less frequent, you have a problem with your system.
4. Your Utility Bills are Increasing
When you bought your heat pump, you probably looked for an energy-efficient solution. Over time, your machine might not be able to keep up. If you’re noticing your energy bills growing with no apparent cause, it should be time to look for a new one.
Benefits of Heat Pump Replacement
While you might not be looking forward to selecting a replacement, a new heat pump does have some perks for your home.
- Boosted energy efficiency. If it’s been more than 10 years since you’ve replaced your heat pump, you’re losing out on more energy-efficient models. With SEER ratings now available up to 20 or better, you have more alternatives for an energy-efficient home than ever before.
- Better home comfort. With a new heat pump, you’ll have the greatest possible home comfort around. Any power your last system lost over time will be back—and maybe then some.
- More control over your system. Maybe you got your system from your home’s previous owners. Maybe you’re just hoping for an upgrade. Either way, replacing your system is a good time to take control of your system. You can select a smart thermostat or accessories like an air purifier. It’s your choice when you make the change!
What’s the Next Step Toward a New Heat Pump?
Want to take a look at your options for heat pump replacement? Point Heating & Cooling can help. Give us a call! We’ll help you find a variety of options that could work from your home. With your budget and needs in mind, we’ll help you choose the right one for you.
We’re available at 715-504-0533 when you’re ready to make an appointment. You can also request an appointment online. Either way, we have the resources you need to finish your project.