It isn’t far off to say that we’re never far from our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like being informed when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These let you control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and didn’t remember to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and alter the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically switch the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or gone.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to change, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a variety of perks and allow you to have the most control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re gone so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats make sure that your comfort is always a high priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to change your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can rely on your system to inform you when there is a concern or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to evolve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a number of benefits that can help better your comfort, potentially lessen your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to arrange for air conditioner service. Point Heating & Cooling in Plover has a number of thermostats to select from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 715-504-0533.